Need some hints for removing stubborn knobs plus some ideas for relettering S-40B front panel

doc kd4e at VERIZON.NET
Sat Jun 3 19:59:27 EDT 2006

>> Another approach is the use of an "Easy-Out" used primarily by the
>> automotive guys.  Essentially a hardened "left-hand" coarse threaded,
>> tapered thingy that can be jammed into a hole drilled into a broken
>> bolt.  They are available in smaller sizes and will often work on a
>> rounded hex or Bristol screw.
>
> I am not too smart - how does that get a knob off a shaft?

Have you tried a modified cork remover or one
of the brake devices that have large fingers
on either side that grab under the lip of the
target part and lift it straight up?

Sure wish I remembered the names of the things!

Gotta go put the 3yr old to bed ... distractions!
Good distractions but bad for concentrating on
Ham stuff!

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e  http://bibleseven.com
Florida Home w/Rohn 45 in concrete base & 10 acres for sale: