Wanted Amphenol Clear Coil Form (HBR parts)

Lewis c Emerson lemerson at JUNO.COM
Wed Jun 21 17:39:37 EDT 2006

 Hi Scott (and others),

I'm back from my West Virginia trip and have located the Amphenol coil
forms - there are 21 in the collection.  Now I need to locate the
variable caps that fit into them.  I know I bought a bunch of them many
years ago when I had thoughts of building the HRB receiver.  I also found
the winding wire.

First of all, I guess I need to locate the schematic for the HBR so I can
see just how many forms are needed. Maybe you can tell me.

Scott, I've had several others who are interested in the entire
collection of HBR stuff I have and I guess I may should consider them
first, but you are the one who raised this question - so I feel an
obligation to you too.  (What a dilemma)

I had thoughts of putting the entire collection up on e-Bay, but I've
never sold stuff there and really don't know how to start.  Some one
mentioned a website devoted to the HRB receiver and maybe I should look
there too.  Where is it?

Are you sure that you can't buy the forms from Amphenol?

I'm an octogenarian now, been a ham op for over 60 years and was a radio
"nut" before that - ever since my preteens.  I have a basement filled
with radio stuff and I need to downsize - in a big way.  You are helping.

73,

Doc, W4ITJ