What Antenna Tuner Matches the Gonset G-76?

rayfri rayfri at HIGHSTREAM.NET
Mon Mar 6 11:30:06 EST 2006

Glenn is correct.   I have several "new ham" friends who dont seem to
understand the theory.    I get ribbed a lot because I dont use an
antenna tuner for my glowing rigs.   I tell them that the tube rigs
almost all have pi network tanks and that all most antenna tuners are
are pi networks...

I ask them "would you take a 40 watt stereo amp and run it into a 40
watt stereo amp on your sound system?"   When they say no,
I ask them WHY then would they believe that I need to run two pi
networks in series into my antenna.....   the first one in the
transmitter output circuit and the second in the antenna tuner?     Most
tube rigs are capable of matching from 25 ohms to 600 ohms with the
internal tank circuit....    Hence, we saw many of us in the old days
who were loading up bed springs, window screens, barbed wire fences
....  even wet strings   HI HI.

Ray  wa7itz