Interesting Boatanchor Site

Lewis c Emerson lemerson at JUNO.COM
Wed Mar 29 10:04:36 EST 2006

While Jim's comments may be a bit of exaggeration, it's not far off the
mark.  After 65+ years of hamming I'm being forced to downsize my gear
and you can imagine how much one can collect in that period.  A gentleman
came by recently and offered me a flat $1000 for all.  I have 3 HF rigs,
3 all-mode UHF rigs, several older model handhelds and base station FM
rigs, a Cushcraft vertical, a KLM 2 M beam, keys, keyers, satellite
equipment, packet equipment, over 250 vacuum tubes, hundreds of caps,
thousands of resistors (I was big time into building), switches,
transformers, hardware, etc. etc.  In checking eBay recently I saw one of
my HF rigs sold for $435 and one of the UHF all modes for $710 so, if I
had accepted his kind offer, he'd have recovered his (very wise)
investment with those two items alone.  So, I guess I've got to break
into this eBay business, but who'd want to buy from an unknown with no
background or, as eBay calls it, no "feedback"?  I suspect that there are
many widows out there who, unfortunately, have gone through pretty much
what Jim has described to us.
73 from Doc, W4ITJ