Swap Meet and collection for sale Sat. Oct 21st in NC

Ron Lawrence KC4YOY kc4yoy at CAROLINA.RR.COM
Tue Oct 17 21:37:15 EDT 2006

Swap Meet and collection for sale Sat. Oct 21st in NC

The CC-AWA Fall Swap Meet is this coming Saturday
Oct. 21st in Jamestown NC, just outside Greensboro.
You can find detailed driving directions on the meets
web page at, http://cc_awa.homestead.com/Fall.html

This is the oldest of our Saturday morning swap meet
and it's usually our largest.

This year there's a special addition for those that attend.
Below is a message from Brad Jones the meet Chairman
about a lifelong radio collection that's going to be sold.

Ron

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

If you're planning to come to the Greensboro meet on Saturday, bring more
cash and have some extra space to carry a few more radios home!

A lifelong collection is up for sale, and people attending the meet will
have a first shot at buying items from it.

The collection is stored at a location about 20 miles away - We  will have
the meet as usual then around 10:00 - 10:15 I will hand out maps and  give
directions to those who are interested in making the side trip.  In  keeping
with
the CC-AWA tradition, we'll try a LeMans start, i.e. give everyone  time to
get
there, and perhaps at 11AM open the door, so no one has to speed or  break
any records trying to get to the storage location in time.

It has been some time since I saw the collection but these are nice radios
that were restored then kept inside a home; no barn radios or rough  sets.

I'll try to get a better count but I imagine there are at least 100 radios
if not more for sale.  Now  - for what you'll find - no  breadboards, no
shutterdials, no catalins.  But they are good items from  the 20's through
the 40's
and its all laid out nicely so its easy to  see.  A number of consoles, some
phonographs, speakers and lots  more.

The gentleman who owned the radios passed away in the last year, and  his
daughter is willing to sell everything; so this is your chance to bring home
something nice!

I'll try to get more details in the next few days, but let your  friends who
are not on the e-mail list know about this.  Its a great  opportunity to go
shopping at a real "radio mart".

By the way - weather forecast for Saturday morning - lows in the mid 40's
... warming up to the mid 60's!  AND NO RAIN!

See you Saturday......

Brad Jones