Old conversations I have had and wish I still did --

Steve Lenaghan VE4LR VE4LR at ARRL.NET
Mon Sep 18 18:55:29 EDT 2006

Neat thought.  I have a tape of a radio show the night I had a bad case of
stumble-mouth.  Its 30 years old now but it's fun to listen too.  It's no
different than a collection of pictures.  I bet a lot of us would love to
have a recording of our first QSO, good or bad.

73 Steve VE4LR

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Mike Langner
Sent: September 18, 2006 1:59 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Old conversations I have had and wish I still did --

Hello, list members !

Y'know, years ago when I was a kid I talked with Leo, W0GFQ.

Wish I had a tape of that one.

And then there was the day I talked to "Old Man Mosley" using my then (this
is nearly 50 years ago) Mosley trap vertical and AM kilowatt.

I didn't know who he was at the time.

Got a QSL card with his picture and a "Worked The Old Man Himself" award
certificate.  What a delightful surprise that was. I was just a teen-ager
with radio-stars in my eyes. And wow !  I'd talked to a genuine "radio
star!"

Don't have the QSL card or the certificate any more -- but sure have fond
memories of that conversation.

And wish I had a tape of that one, too.

They would be bookmarks in the history of my lifelong love of amateur radio
!!

For some of us the conversations of our histories is a very uninteresting
subject; for others like me, these are the endearing moments we continue to
cherish.

I vote for finding and preserving history.

It's made us what and who we are today!

Thanks for reading !

Mike/
K5MGR