[FLBOATANCHORS] W1PE: League pulls RM-11306

Bry Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Sun Apr 29 16:08:40 EDT 2007

John - Ray is not merely saying "nay." And please don't
describe others' messages as rants. Un-neccessary.

Some of what you say may well be true, BUT they stopped
listening to the members a long time ago.

When was the last time you or anyone else got a REPLY to an
e-mail or a letter sent to a League official?

It took the protests of a HUGE number (in the thousands) all
complaining vociferously to stop the latest misadventure.,
This came  after 3 or 4 years of memberss consistently
and strongly objecting to regulation by bandwidth and
the ARRL leaders pressing it against the flow.

If you can't see this embarrassing, self-inflicted ARRL
debacle for what it was then we can't help you.

They withdrew and still arrogantly claimed that they were
correct in pursuing it. ARRL is not listening to the members
unless forced to do so.

> The ARRL will be what ever we make it to be (the members of), not
> what you say (rant).  If it wasn't for all the good work the ARRL has
> done over the years, you would have nothing to say today - as we
> wouldn't be here.
>
> What have you done lately, that is positive for ham radio?  Finding
> fault is the easiest thing to do.  Doing something positive or
> solving a problem to make things better takes a little effort.

> John Dilks, K2TQN
> Life Member since 1976.

no matter what.