intelligence pool tap needed

Bill - KK4XI kk4xi at YAHOO.COM
Fri Dec 7 20:43:03 EST 2007

Hi Phil,

I can not answer your Kenwood query but I can answer
your tube rejuvenate question I hope. I am going back
a few decades so bare with me. If I am wrong someone
correct me.

A tube filament after long use of on and off on and
off etc etc starts to build up a crust on top of the
filament. This crust prevents the proper amount of
electron flow to the plate.

A rejuvenation of the tube is nothing more then
increasing the filament voltage to a much higher
voltage for a short time which hopefully burns off the
crust. (Can not hurt if the tube reads weak mutual
conductance anyway).

Old TV CRTs, being very expensive to replace, had it
tried once or twice to see if the pix got brighter. If
it did not work a filament voltage booster was
connected to the CRT to burn the filaments brighter
and see a picture for a little while longer before it
died.

Hope this helps Phil. God bless and have a very Merry
Christmas.

73 es GLITC,
Bill

http://www.tempe.gov/lists/control.aspx?list=BOATANCHORS