RFI: TORCHIERE TORTURE!

Bry Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Thu Dec 20 21:25:54 EST 2007

I have an RFI issue in the house here... I was wondering if
anyone else has seen this...

I have a tall torchiere in another part of the house, and it
is the type that you can turn on by TOUCHING the vertical
bar. If you touch it repeatedly the britghtness changes too.

The only problem is that my rig turns it on too! In fact, with
every DIT oir DAH of CW it either changes the brightness
or turns it on/off.

I am getting this on 40m, 30m and 20m CW. The antenna is an
end fed random wire with an L-network tuner, upstairs on
the second floor. My "ground" is a wire to the screw on the
wall plate. Not great I know.

I haven't tried other bands yet!

Any suggestions?

Thanks & 73 - Bry, AF4K