Information on radios/amps with "windows"

Larry n1miw at COX.NET
Thu Dec 20 22:43:02 EST 2007

     Hello to the list. I am hoping someone here can help me out with
finding gear that has a "viewing window" of the tubes inside. The only piece
of equipment I can find is a Gonset VHF amplifier. Are there any other
pieces of gear out there that let you see the tubes glowing inside? I
thought this was a great feature, but can't seem to find anything else that
was ever produced like this. Hope someone can help, or point me in the right
direction, or even give a reason why most radios DIDN'T have this feature.
Thanks & Happy Holidays to all!    ...Larry