[Boatanchors] After Christmas Sale

Bob Groh WA2CKY rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Mon Dec 24 12:02:30 EST 2007

Bob,

Chuck Dachis' book "Radios By Hallicrafters" (an essential for the Hallicrafter's collector) has quite a bit on the SX-101. He indicates there are only minor electrical and cosmetic differences between the Mark 1,2,3 and 3A. So if you can figure out the differences, I'm sure Chuck and other's would certainly be interested. He does indicate that the SX101A had significant differences including the elimination of the 160M and 11M bands - so your's is definitely one of the SX101 variety (i.e. non 'A').

I found some other web references with more info:
http://www.w9wze.net/SX-101/SX-101.php

This site has even more info to pull out:
http://www.qsl.net/la5ki/sx.htm

So let us know when you get it all summarized!  My SX-101 is an A so no problem for me. It does turn out the the SX-101MkIIIA also deleted the 160M and 11M so it gets a bit complicated.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

73
Bob, WA2CKY

----- Original Message ----
From: Bob Peters <rwpeters at SWBELL.NET>
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 9:58:20 AM
Subject: Re: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] [Boatanchors] After Christmas Sale

Glen and Group...How do you tell which 101 you have??? Mine is not
marked in any way
Except SX101. I have seen different so called Mark I mark III that also
had only SX101
Marked on them. I have never seen an SX101A. Mine has 160 meters on it.
Best receiver I have ever had...

Very Best 73's
Bob W1PE
The Voice of Mesquite
www.w1pe.com

"Money is only temporary, but radios are forever" - Jim Little aka "the
old dog"/K5BAI