SX-101A

Rodger wq9e at DTNSPEED.NET
Mon Dec 24 12:34:27 EST 2007

Hi Chris,

Most of the converters are going to work fine with your SX-101A.  A lot
of the converters output to the 10 meter band which means either
covering only part of the 6 and 2 meter bands or using extra crystals
for full coverage.  The SX-101A converter band is from 30.5-34.5 which
would allow some converters to cover the complete 6 and/or 2 meter band
without crystal change.  You should be fine with any of the later
converters, at worst you might have to either change the crystal in the
converter and retune the output transformers.

In summary, if the converter is set up for output on 10 meters then it
will work fine with your SX-101A as is but you may only get coverage of
part of the band but typically this would be the lower 2 megahertz which
is probably what you want.  If you wish, you could probably change the
crystal and retune the output to work with your SX-101A converter band
to cover the entire band but this really isn't necessary.

73, Rodger WQ9E