Hosstraders Flea Market is no more!

Ron Lawrence KC4YOY kc4yoy at CAROLINA.RR.COM
Sun Feb 11 14:11:33 EST 2007

> Some sad news for the B/A community in the Northeast, and for all of us in a
> general way.  The Hosstraders flea market will no longer be held as it has
> been for the last three decades.  Joe - K1RQG, Bob - W1GWU, and Norm -
> W1ITT, who organized the event, are calling it quits!

Yep, that's what happens. You have someone that plans and organizes
an event that everyone loves to attend, for years and years.
But of all those that love to attend the event don't care enough to step up
and help the ones that have been doing it for all those years.
Everybody wants to go and enjoy the event, but no one wants to do the
work it takes to make the event happen.
I don't blame these guys for not endorsing a new event with their
old name.
It is better to go out on a high note and to watch it die at someone else's
hands.
Since I live in North Carolina I've never had the chance to attend
the Hosstraders fest, but I've heard about it almost as long as I've
been messing with old radios.
All I have to do is look around the Carolinas, 15 years ago there
was at least one ham fest every month within driving distance
of Charlotte, sometimes 2.
Now most of them are gone, or have died down to a point that it's
not worth driving 2-3 hours to a fest that you can see
several times over in 1 hour.

Ham Fests and radio meets don't happen by magic.
It takes work on someones part.

73, Ron kc4yoy
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/