Heathkit Plastic Emblems

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Feb 25 13:09:56 EST 2007

I have finally gotten the "bugs" worked out of
producing replacement plastic emblems for the older
Heathkit equipment.  However, producing them is still
a very labor intensive process and is definitely "low
volume"!

The replacement emblems have threaded metal studs on
the back to attach to the equipment rather than the
plastic studs of the original.  This was necessary
because of the problems that I ran into trying to use
plastic for the attachment points.

These new emblems use resin casting and are slightly
more flexible than the originals.  However, they are
also much less likely to break!

Standard colors are "silver" and black.  The "silver"
emblems were used on transmitters like the DX-40 and
VHF-1 Seneca.  Black emblems were used on transmitters
like the DX-35 and DX-100.  Other colors are available
at additional cost.

For pricing and other details go to

http://k9sth.com/uploads/Heath-emblems.JPG

Glen, K9STH