Sort of OT-but fascinating

Manuel Maseda mmaseda at GTE.NET
Wed Jul 25 17:55:52 EDT 2007

What happened to the auction?  I don't see it on ebay today.

Manuel  W4SSB

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of tom norris
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 11:31 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] Sort of OT-but fascinating

What's so special about that Fowler radio is only 5 were built.

What makes it extra special is that those 5 were built in 1984!
Fowler had a special contract for a short run of these --- this thing is
"hen's teeth" as only 2 more (I think) are know to exist.  I'm afraid to see
what it goes for, and there is a lively discussion on the R-390 list on the
thing.

The guy isn't blowing smoke with his description other that going a bit
overboard about the ships.

Tom