Sort of OT-but fascinating

Jack Taylor jack at N7OO.COM
Wed Jul 25 10:46:48 EDT 2007

$38K for a 1984 rebuild?  A little bit overboard don't you think.
Especially when
considering the plans were already available.  Wonder how much an R-391 goes
for these days as there is more 'heft' and, less produced, to one of these
than in an R-390/A?

Jack  -  N7OO

----- Original Message -----
From: tom norris
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] Sort of OT-but fascinating

What's so special about that Fowler radio is only 5 were built.

What makes it extra special is that those 5 were built in 1984!
Fowler had a special contract for a short run of these --- this thing
is "hen's teeth" as only 2 more (I think) are know to exist.  I'm
afraid to see what it goes for, and there is a lively discussion on
the R-390 list on the thing.

The guy isn't blowing smoke with his description other that going a
bit overboard about the ships.

Tom