Power vs BNCs

Scott Johnson scottjohnson1 at COX.NET
Wed Jul 25 23:53:53 EDT 2007

In a 50ohm system, 2kW is roughly 6.4A@ 312V, a Teflon BNC with low
dielectric loss would handle this at HF, although it probably wouldn't
be my first choice!  Keep in mind the BNC has the same interface as the
type N, the type N just has a big nut to stabilize the connection and
keep it precisely aligned.  Lotsa Collins and other military gear uses
BNC interconnects internal interconnects at close to this power level.

Scott, who tends to be contrary.