[Boatanchors] Re: [Johnson] THE VIKING II AND FRIED HAM

Richard Post postr at OHIOU.EDU
Wed Mar 28 23:36:15 EDT 2007

Roger,

I have a Harbor Freight heatgun but for most heat shrink jobs, I use
a four-for-a-dollar Butane lighter.  Fast heat.  Easily directed to
just the tubing.  No power needed (great for field-day use).  Keep
flame at least an inch or so below the tubing.  Yes, avoid flammable
stuff nearby but same holds for use of heat gun.  I never smoke so
this is the main use for the Butane lighter.

Rich KB8TAD