Paint formulas

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 1 17:42:25 EDT 2007

continued from previous messages

"Off the Shelf" or "standard formula paints for those
who do not want to get their paints specially mixed.

Collins:

KWM-1

Standard formula paint ASA 61 Gray.  This is a
"standard" industry formula and should be available at
just about any paint store.  ASA 61 is an "exact"
color match to the KWM-1.

S-Line cabinets (not trim ring).  Real close (but not
a cigar) "off the shelf" is Rustoleum 1982 Winter
Gray.

RME

Cabinets from the late 1930s to the 1950s.  Really
close "off the shelf" is Krylon 1608 Smoke Gray.

I do not have any other paint "matched" at the present
time.  The formulas are presented for those who are
wanting to repaint their equipment the original color.

Most of the radio manufacturers did NOT prime their
cabinets before painting.  I do NOT recommend painting
over the original paint because this will often cause
the original paint to "flake off".  You need to
completely strip the original paint (sanding where
necessary) and then prime the cabinet.  Then paint it
with the desired color.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com

http://mail.yahoo.com