5881 Replacement for 6L6? - CORRECTION 6L6GB

Bry Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Tue Nov 20 07:14:47 EST 2007

There are some differences. Maybe the transfer characteristic
curves are a little different...
I am not sure what thediffereneces are, but...  I once tried
putting a pair of 5881s into a guitar amplifier designed to use
6L6GCs and it sounded pretty terrible!