Shipping older radios & insurance claims

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at MSN.COM
Sun Nov 25 14:22:31 EST 2007

I've about all but given up on shipping to or from Alaska.  I had an sb 300 allegedly shipped from Alaska a year ago, and it has never shown up yet.. USPS.  The price was exhorbitant for priority shipping.  So I chose parcel post which consisted of USPS putting it on a boat and shipping it down to the lower 48 and then to here, taking about three weeks total.  Don't know if it was never shipped as the seller claimed... (took my money and ran) ... or if it got lost somewhere in the boat .. or ended up in some communist run radio shack or monitoring post in China.

As far as shipping Fed Ex or UPS to Alaska or from Alaska... my first home mortgage down payment was less than what they want.

Ray  wa7itz
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bry Carling<mailto:bcarling at CFL.RR.COM>
  To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:11 PM
  Subject: Re: Shipping older radios & insurance claims

  I KNEW IT - I JUST KNEW IT!

  RAY FREISS said:

  > shipping with FedEx and their prices, for a given
  > destination and weight, have usually been cheaper than USPS.

  Be careful about Alaska though - USPS is a lot cheaper when
  items ship to KL7-land.

  INUIT - I just - INUIT (!)

  To post - BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Archives - http://listserv.tempe.gov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html<http://listserv.tempe.gov/archives/BOATANCHORS.html>