One Man's Attempt To Save Morse Code

Bry Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Tue Oct 9 09:05:26 EDT 2007

Boy Doc,

It sounds like SOMEONE got out the wrong side of the bed
this morning!!

There is nothing quite like code.  I have done it all except
for EME, and I come back time and again to Samuel "F.B."
Morse's favourite mode!  I don't know why, I just love it,
and others who don't share that passion will never know
what it means!

For one thing it means you can almost always get a QSO
even when you have a lousy antenna, low power and the
bands are dead (for me at least!)

I didn't send this to divide us over CW, folks - just to show all of us that
our beloved amateur radio in all of its historical glory was in the WSJ.

Would I compolain about it if the focus was on SSB or EME?
I doubt it! United we stand, divided we.... grumble.

Eat some Wheaties and don't worry, be happy!

73 de AF4K