[Allied] One Man's Attempt To Save Morse Code

kd4e doc at KD4E.COM
Tue Oct 9 14:12:17 EDT 2007

Educated beyond my intellect my brain was still able to
pass 20WPM code for the old Extra class.  Lacking a
strong interest in the mode it is down to 5WPM.  :-(

I am in awe of anyone who can do over 20WPM but don't
agree with the FCC or anyone else *mandating* CW over
other equally interesting and valuable modes.

Freedom does not grant Amateur Radio an exemption - a
mode should be popular because Hams *choose* it not
because the nanny government mandates it.

Again, the point has little to do with CW and everything
to do with the narrow reactionary spin put on our highly
diverse hobby by a careless journalist.

Most people reading the article have no point of reference,
other than maybe CB, so they don't know better than to
think that the person interviewed is representative of the
majority of Hams.  As portrayed he is not.

I am told by a friend of his that he is a fine man with
diverse experiences in the hobby, but you would not know
that from his quotes nor the overall theme of the article.
It is that whicn I was addressing.

Meanwhile, back to work on my *AM boatanchor* station.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
Personal: http://bibleseven.com/kd4e.html