please post following...CB amps...

WE0H we0h at YAHOO.COM
Wed Sep 19 01:37:16 EDT 2007

Those chicken bander amps are usually built from the old Motorola
designs. But, they usually don't have a lowpass filter on them unless
they are the real expensive ones. Build a 7th order Chebycheff filter
and it will be fine for the class of operation it is biased for. You can
always forward bias the transistor's and make it linear if it is class C
and you need it for sideband use.

BTW, I have one I rescued from an old CB'r and am modifying it for use
on 600 meters as a class C CW amp. hi hi...

Mike
WE0H

RAY FRIESS wrote:
I would question whether a rebuild would be necessary.
After all, if you built one from scratch using the same
parts and circuit diagram, there would be nothing illegal about it.