CB amps

RAY FRIESS rayfrijr at MSN.COM
Wed Sep 19 23:31:36 EDT 2007

You havent been following the train of the discussion or you would understand why.  Many of us "old timers" have been modifying equipment for use in the ham bands since we cut our teeth on crystal rigs...

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: GRG<mailto:w5grg at W5GRG.NET>
  To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV<mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
  Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:14 PM
  Subject: CB amps

  Why would any legitimate ham have any questions as to why not to use a
  CB amp on the ham or any other band?  Maybe if you are 12 years old and
  had no experience at all - but that's it.
  There are so many technical reasons, you could write quite an article
  about all of them , but probably the best reason is they are not legal,
  and since you did not "build" it, they would not come under the FCC's
  exemption for hams to roll their own amps, used to be one per year.
  Just go ahead and fire her up on the chicken band and talk away, good buddy!
  Tnx. George W5GRG