10/11 meter amps-my 2cents

Jim Simmons orion at DATASYNC.COM
Sat Sep 22 03:18:30 EDT 2007

Maybe instead of CQ, he wanted you to say, "Hey anyone out there got your
ears on? Come on back good buddy".  Personally, I don't know what FM has to
do with it, and the purpose of communication is to make yourself understood.
If the other person understands you...Mission accomplished.

To keep on the subject.  I picked up one of these amps at a local ham fest a
few years ago for five bucks.  It has 4 6JE6's and a power transformer with
enough oomph to power a couple of 6146's, plus, all the other components.
If you have priced 6JE6's and heavy duty (900-0-900 volt secondary) power
transformers on today's market, then I'd say that I got quite a good deal on
a complete chicken bander linear.  I have no idea how much power this thing
put out since I've never tested it, but I would suspect somewhere in the
neighborhood of 300-500 watts.

Jim N5MSJ (First licensed in 1955 as KN5AZJ)

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of Bry Carling
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2007 10:40 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: 10/11 meter amps-my 2cents

> Also help them stop saying "Q" signals on voice,

WHY? Take this comment with a pinch of salt, but...
There is absolutely nothing wrong, illegal or unethical about
using  Q signals on voice, for crying out loud.

Reminds me of the first time I got on 146.52 MHz FM and called
CQ and some snob came on and told me that "We don't DO that
on FM"

Yes, and I have been a licensed radio amateur for 40 years
and operated on three continents.

Feh!