BC611

L.G. Robertson digital-conjurers at ROADRUNNER.COM
Fri Sep 28 20:28:32 EDT 2007

ERP from the antenna seems to be the name of the game, really...I am
restricted by terrain, CCR's and geology to a vertical and 120 watts;
still, I have been heard well in Chicago on a good, quiet, winter
night.  Had one KH7 that was fun, too.

But May to September (or whenever the thunderstorms quiet down), I just
pull the plug and do other projects, as I usually can only manage a +15
over 300 miles away on 3870-90, and QRN is usually S-9 to +10 over here.

But 100W AM CAN be done, and was done for many a year before SSB.  In the
1930's, if you had a 100 watt phone rig, you were someone that had a lot of
company in your shack!  And it's all about the fun of restoring and using
old gear for me anyway.

BTW, what, exactly, is the "75 meter Ghetto"?  One gets Lids all over the
bands, and being an Extra doesn't disqualify one from that hall of fame,
either.  I have heard discussions on several parts of 75-80 that wouldn't
be fit for the engine room of a Liberty ship.  Could you inform me where
this den of iniquity lies, so I can avoid it?  :)

-Lin/KJ6EF