RCA Ham Tips

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Wed Dec 3 21:44:44 EST 2008

I am looking for an article that appeared in the Fall 1962 issue of the RCA Ham Tips.  Sometime back I acquired a homebrew 432 MHz receiving converter that uses 6 nuvistor tubes and has a 14 MHz output.  There is a note inside the chassis that says "Fall 1962 RCA Ham Tips" which leads me to believe that the article was in that issue.

I did a "google" and cannot find anything on the Internet about this particular issue.  Does anyone have any idea as to a source or, even better, have a copy that they could scan the article and E-Mail it to me.

Basically I am curious as to whether or not the converter actually works and, if so, how well.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com