Heathkit manuals... Copyright issues.

John Dilks K2TQN oldradio at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Sat Dec 13 11:20:13 EST 2008

At 11:03 AM 12/13/2008, you wrote:
>I would imagine that by now, all of the Heathkit schematics and
>manuals are in possession of hams all over the
>world,

Hi Gang,

This reminds me of a story told to my by my attorney about this
subject.  Once you give it away it and/or don't enforce the copyright
(or trademark), it becomes public property.  Claiming copyright again
afterwards is very difficult to enforce.    These documents have been
available from multiple sources for many years.  After this many
years, I believe they are in the public domain.

73, John Dilks
I'm not a lawyer