It looks like Heathkit manuals are no longer availabl...

Greg Gore; WA1KBQ GARDGORE at AOL.COM
Sun Dec 14 00:02:04 EST 2008

Did this recent event just affect BAMA downloads? A quick check of the
Manualman website still shows Heathkit manuals available. Do the repro manual
vendors now have to pay licensing fees to Data Professionals? If so, this was  a
stroke of genius on the part of Data Professionals for recognizing  the
opportunity to legally acquire the intellectual property rights of  copyrighted
material for a small cost which then put them in a  position to get a cut of all
the vendor's Heathkit manual sales. Not so swell  for the manual vendors though.
I think we are safe on all the other  brands as the owners will not be
transferring rights to their manuals  to a private company anytime in the
foreseeable future. You can't fault Data  Professionals for being savy enough to
recognize a golden  opportunity to extort fees when they see one while we all sat
around  looking at the computer screen watching them do it and wondering what the
heck  just happened!!

A quick check of Heathkit manuals posted at ePay is about 150 right  now. Why
not lodge your protest by just buying an  original?

Regards, Greg