Manuals for free

Jim Bromley, K7JEB k7jeb at COX.NET
Sun Dec 14 06:43:27 EST 2008

rick darwicki, n6pe, wrote:
> I would think that a manual request posted here will
> result in a PDF arriving via an anonymous re-mailer.

The really cool way to do this kind of thing would be
through a bit-torrent file-sharing system like Pirate
Bay, but that is probably more commitment to Darknet
operations than most BA folks would be comfortable
with.  A kludgy way of doing this would be to maintain
a list of people with: (a) a legal, paper copy of a manual,
(b) a scanner and (c) a valid e-mail address, and then let
what transpires between individuals happen.

This development has certainly made up my mind about
getting a good flatbed scanner and "deconstructing"
the pristine Heathkit manuals I have.

However, it has totally destroyed one of my favorite
pastimes -- downloading Heathkit manuals just for the
pleasure of browsing through them and tracing out
the circuitry in the schematics.

Jim, K7JEB