reponse to post heathkit be-5 schematic

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Mon Dec 15 16:34:10 EST 2008

I sent an email to Ken Grimm, K4XL, who is the originator, chief technologist and chief bottlewasher for BAMA and received the following response:

"I am sorry to report that BAMA will not be hosting Heath manuals in the
future.  The copyright owner has objected and in order to comply with
copyright law, the Heath manuals have been removed from the BAMA
servers.

You will be able to buy copies from the usual manual merchants who
agree to the licensing terms.  The copyright holder has offered to
allow BAMA to host the schematics only, and therefore it may be
possible to download them at some point in the future, if I can figure
out a way to do this easily.

73 OM,

Ken - K4XL"

I believe is BAMA is a labor of love for Ken and that it will be a considerable hunk of work and effort for him to go through, find which listings had separate schematics, reload those, rebuild the web pages, etc, etc.  Thank you, Ken, for your response to my email, by the way.

I'm sure, Leon, that you have an acute idea of just how much pain in the whazoo this will be. We look forward to seeing the schematics on your site.  If you communicate with Mr. Henderson, you might ask him for permission to include the component layouts also so we can see where the parts go.

Thanks for your many efforts for the Heathkit community.

73,
Bob, WA2CKY