DRAKE 2B`

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Dec 22 18:21:08 EST 2008

Bob -

OK.  I guess it's a matter of what you want to do.  The MUTE circuit is
the same as the typical receiver of the day, i.e., the MUTE terminals
are just in parallel with the front panel switch.  So to use the
receiver by itself, no connection is needed.  Typically, the MUTE
terminals are wired to a pair of contacts on the transmit relay, and the
switch is left in STANDBY.

The later Drake receivers all used a rotary multi-position switch, and
the MUTE line had to be grounded for the NB or CALibrator to work.

73, Garey - K4OAH
St Charles, IL

Drake 2-B, 4B & C-Lines, TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>