Johnson Ranger paint

Schichler, Alfred (GE Indust, ConsInd) Alfred.Schichler at GE.COM
Tue Jan 15 09:34:02 EST 2008

I was wondering if the cabinet of a Ranger I is the same color as the brownish-maroon on the front panel. The one I am trying to restore has had the cabinet repainted black, or pretty close to it, so I can't tell. I bought some of the Rustoleum Kona Brown #1977 that was mentioned in one of the mod pages online, but it is a little lighter color than the front panel.
I could use it on the cabinet if it is normal for it to be slightly lighter than the front panel. Otherwise, I should probably look for a darker color paint.

Thanks,
Al, WA2AS