Johnson type radio Genral Question

spalletta spalletta at RCN.COM
Sun Jan 20 14:48:29 EST 2008

I have a Johnson Radio Real Heavy ( My Back shakes with fear every time
i walk by it) I have all the paper for it ( I think) but not sure i have
a model of it I think its a Viking 1 , model 240-101 serial 359* , does
anyone know anything about this radio is it any good what type of
antenna works best with it i was thinking hooking up a wire in my
limited backyard maybe a 100' or so with a mfj or a tucker tuner I think
a I have a VFO for it somewhere also for it but if i move it i want to
do it one last time NO MORE! makes my TRS-940SAT feel light as a feather
which hasn't been putting out the wattage for me either but that's
another problem for another day to explore. Oh I also have the Real
Large Speaker that came with it as well what can something like this be
worth if i find myself in a pickle in the next few moths? Thanks again
folks and as always 73s Phil K1PAS.