EICO 723 Help Needed

Alan W. Fremmer AWFremmer at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 24 11:50:16 EST 2008

Fellow Collectors/Restorers,

An EICO 723, bought on eBay and advertised as in "operating condition" is
not exactly like that.  I get grid current and can hear the oscillator in a
nearby receiver.  There is no plate current.  I checked for plate  voltage from
the plate cap to ground and found nothing.  There is a chassis  mounted
vertical rf choke in series with the plate cap.  A check at the  base of the choke
shows 600 volts.  At the top, zero.  A resistance  check of the choke shows
infinity.

I guess the choke is open.  I don't have a schematic nor a parts  list.  Does
anyone have a suggestion as to what I can use in place of the  apparently
defective choke.  Sources for same would be most  appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all on the list.

73, Alan - KB2HEI