Eico 723 RF Choke

Mike Langner mlangner at SWCP.COM
Thu Jan 24 14:09:49 EST 2008

Hello Alan !

If the RF choke is the standard 4 pi wound on a ceramic rod with "dunce hat"
solder ends and wire leads (sometimes known as a 'National' type choke) I
have several in original plastic envelopes and will be happy to send you one
at no cost -- I'll never use all of 'em.

This choke appears to be an exact copy of the "National," but not, in fact,
an original made by National.

Just let me know if you want it, and where you'd like it sent !

Mike/
K5MGR
____________________

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Jim Bromley, K7JEB
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2008 10:29 AM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Eico 723 RF Choke

Alan Fremmer wrote:
> An EICO 723, bought on eBay and advertised as in "operating condition" is
> not exactly like that....

> I guess the choke is open.  I don't have a schematic nor a parts  list.
Does
> anyone have a suggestion as to what I can use in place of the  apparently
> defective choke.  Sources for same would be most  appreciated.

It is an air-core, 2.5 millihenry choke.  I haven't seen the exact
type you need for quite a while -- a air-core, multi-section, pi-wound
type.

I downloaded the 723 schematic from BAMA and converted it from
DJVU format to the more common PDF one.  It is temporarily
on the Arizona-AM website at:

http://www.arizona-am.net/test/Eico_723_from_BAMA.pdf

Jim, K7JEB