Meter Movement Repair

Scott Johnson scottjohnson1 at COX.NET
Tue Jul 8 20:49:59 EDT 2008

Get a magnifying glass and look in the air gap between the magnet pole
pieces and the armature, you will likely find an offending particle of iron,
which can be coaxed out with a thin slip of paper, or a shot of that canned
compressed air.  If you don't have any luck, the meter guy I use is Andy
Augustiniak in Tempe, AZ (Newark in one services) 480-820-1511

73, Scott W7SVJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Boat Anchor Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV] On Behalf Of hudlerb1 at netzero.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2008 12:26 PM
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] Meter Movement Repair

Hello list,

My SB200 meter movement has just about stuck for good now - it has been
sticking a bit over the past few years. Needle is not touching the face or
the scale. Should I be looking for a replacement or does anyone repair
these? I would attempt delicate surgery at this point, nothin' to lose.....

Thanks Bruce WA3MKC 73's