[ Re: Atomic Clock]

Larry McDavid lmcdavid at LMCENG.COM
Mon Jul 21 22:56:10 EDT 2008

If only the minute hand is synced to WWVB, why is there a DST-defeat mode?

I have several analog "atomic" clocks and every one sets the hour,
minute and second hands automatically. There are push buttons for the
four USA time zones but no DST-defeat provision I am aware of; there is
an unmarked jumper-pin pair protruding whose function is not explained.
These clocks are marked "SkyScan on the front but carry the LaCrosse
name on the rear. Watching this clock sync when the hour hand must be
set is quite impressive, as it moves quickly!

Larry

Emil Dular wrote:
> I have just a plain, industrial looking, white face, black hands, ANALOG
> Atomic clock that only synchronizes the minute hand. The hour can be set
> for any time zone and it has a DST defeat mode. If they made one with
> the red quiet period segments and autoalarm markings on it, it'd be the
> "perfect" radio room clock
> http://www.crosse-technology.com/analog-atomic-clocks.html

Best wishes,

Larry McDavid W6FUB
Anaheim, CA  (20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, near Disneyland)