Gonset 903A 2 meter amplifier

Larry n1miw at COX.NET
Sun Mar 30 00:06:29 EDT 2008

     I'm wondering if anyone on this list could help me rebuild one of these
amps. I've downloaded the manual from BAMA, but the quality isn't the best.
The amplifier looks like it was under water at one point (which the seller
neglected to tell me), so I've replaced the caps & a few resistors, but
having trouble with getting the plate current under 300ma with no load in
the "tune" mode. Not sure where to look next, other than a possible short in
the tube. Any guidance will be appreciated - before I use this as a boat
anchor once again!   ...Larry N1MIW