Help valuing an AR-88 that UPS destroyed last week --

Tom Norris nu4g.radio at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 2 00:49:13 EDT 2008

I've been fairly lucky with USPS, UPS, FeEx and DHL.

The only broken items I've received were due to lack/no packing.  I
once ordered some fairly rare european car parts, only to have a
rattling box of broken glass arrive.  No padding, newspaper or
anything.  The seller just tossed a pair of heavy headlight
assemblies into a used box and sent it on it's way USPS.  What's just
as surprising is that they accepted his package.

My only other bad shipping experience was also with car parts -- RPS
(Roadway) managed to lose 2 bumpers and a quarter-panel somewhere at
their transfer hub in Nashville.  They never found them.

Both of the above were quickly settled by the sellers.

I've never had any sort of radio, tube, anything else arrive damaged.
(or damaged enough to comment)
Now that I've used the word "never" the next package I get will be
crushed..... heehee

Tom NU4G