KAAR Transmitter

Ron Lawrence W4RON W4RON at CAROLINA.RR.COM
Sun Nov 2 16:13:13 EST 2008

Thanks to a couple of friends, this little KAAR transmitter followed me home
today. I seems to have been used by the US Coast Guard. The KAAR brand
vibrator is dated 1943. It's has an original KAAR crystal for 2670 kc.

Here's a page with some photos of it;
http://radioheaven.homestead.com/KAAR.html

Have you ever seen or know anything about this neat little xmitter?
It has it's original shock mount base, but it appears to have had at one
time a cover. There are shadows on the sides of the chassis where a cover
was and there are the remains to latches on the ends of the chassis.

73, Ron w4ron