Valiant VFO Resistor

hudlerb1@netzero.com hudlerb1 at NETZERO.COM
Tue Nov 18 12:54:40 EST 2008

Hello all,

There has been some controversey over whether this 18K VR dropping resistor should be inside or outside the VFO box.

One thought, if it is out of the box, it keeps the VFO from heating as much, thus less drift.

Another is if it is under the chassis, it never warms completely over a long time, thus drifts slower but never reaches operating temp.

5 or 10 watt resistor?

I'm getting back into my rig to finish the mods, calibrate again, and get it back on 160 very soon.

Any thoughts from the experts?

Thanks, Bruce WA3MKC