tubes

Jack Schrader w1jhs at VERIZON.NET
Mon Nov 24 20:03:34 EST 2008

Need some help on tubes.

My sx101a lost part of its hearing and selectivity and when I checked the tubes I found that the 12BY7 was weak. I replaced it with one that tested better along with a different 12AT7 and it seems to work much better.

My question is this. Is there one brand of tube, namely the 12BY7, that is better then another and the same goes for the 12AX7 and 12AT7?

I have never paid particular attention to what brand of tube I use.

Tnx & 73

Jack