Would like Globe Scout 680A schematic and parts list

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Sat Oct 11 19:52:53 EDT 2008

Thanks, Glen, for the info.  Good to know about the lack of circuit changes. My 680A does have two large shields that the 680 does not have so they must have been added by the original builder.  Going to leave them in as I am not interested in a 'restoration' but rather want to get this ol' baby going again.  One of the electrolytics is a 3-section electrolytic and I think I will will 'electrically' remove that (physically leaving it in place) and replace with 3 separate caps. Existing 700V electrolytics will be replaced with 2 caps in series with balancing R's.  Next week I'll tackle the job!

Again thanks.

73,
Bob, WA2CKY

----- Original Message ----
From: Glen Zook <gzook at YAHOO.COM>
To: BOATANCHORS at LISTS.TEMPE.GOV
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2008 6:28:01 PM
Subject: Re: [BOATANCHORS-TEMPE] Would like Globe Scout 680A schematic and parts list

The biggest difference between the two transmitters was the cabinet.  Most of the 680A had the "shadow" type (the one with the "overhang") whereas the 680 did not (the front panel was "flush" with the cabinet front).  There were a few changes in the shielding but no real serious changes in the circuitry.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com