Info wanted on MoReCo Coilmaster - company history etc

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Sun Oct 19 00:04:48 EDT 2008

Received a small pile of old ham goodies this week and have been having fun sorting and organizing. One of the things I got is a MoReCo Coilmaster. Cute little device I've seen over the years, always had a hankering to own and now I have one!  I don't have a lot of use for one, you understand, but at least I can play around with it. It is minus a coil spring, a washer and a cotter pin but I can easily find those at the hardware store. Otherwise it looks complete and ready to rock and roll. I even found a copy of the 2-page (!) manual on the internet plus a little bit on how to operate it.

I was wondering if anyone on the list might have any more information - both on the Coilmaster itself and on the company (Morris Register Company, Council Bluffs, Iowa) that made it. I found one reference that indicated the company was in operation back in the mid-1920's and I have reason to believe that it was still going in the mid-1970s.

So would love to hear anything anyone might remember and can supply.

Waiting eagerly -

Bob Groh, WA2CKY