Homebrew Grid Dip meter available

Robert Groh rgroh at SWBELL.NET
Sun Oct 19 15:12:43 EDT 2008

More stuff to get out of the house!  This time I have a homebrew grid dip meter. Take a look at my Picassa web album for pictures.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bob.groh/HamRadioEquipment#5255744374862029298

I know very little about this little grid dip meter or its history. It is homebrew and is built in two pieces - an RF head and a Power Supply/meter - and these plug together with a 4-pin socket and plug arrangement. The RF head uses a vernier drive for tuning (no frequency calibration) and a Nuvistor as the oscillator. Now a circuit using a Nuvistor - that is something you don't see very often! The tuning capacitor is a nice little two bearing unit. It has a single RF coil plugged into the top of the unit - no other coils are available.

The PS/meter portion includes a transistor amplifier and a 0-500 uA meter plus a simple transformer powered power supply. It has a AA battery which I think may have been for the filament on the Nuvistor oscillator.

I don't know if it works and no schematic was provided. Price $18 which includes all shipping costs. Payment by check or money order is preferred. If you are interested, drop me a line off list at <rgroh at swbell.net>.

Thanks for looking.

73
Bob, WA2CKY