Stolen RCA AR-88 auction ended early...

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 5 10:18:59 EDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 6:11 PM, Paul Kraemer <elespe at lisco.com> wrote:
> Gentlemen and Ladies
> The question I keep coming back to, and maybe I just don't see the bigger
> picture, is why not just buy it with the insurance money and go on from
> there?

[Bigger Picture Alert]

Because the insurance money wouldn't cover the price he's asking along
with shipping, for starters. Not to mention ignoring the crime and
letting the crook benefit. I have no idea if the seller was involved
and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Mike promptly refunded my money as soon as he found out what had
happened, why the radio had never arrived. A smaller box with some of
the correct knobs did arrive, but no receiver. I have no idea what
Mike had to go through with UPS to them get his money refunded along
with the cost of crating and shipping, but he was eventually
successful.

Of course, if you and others would like to make up the difference
(between $150-$200, depending on how much he wants to ship it), I'd be
more than happy to try again. (o: Or would've been - moot point since
he ended the auction early.

The worst part is, it wasn't even for me - it was a gift for a friend
who had gotten hosed on a AR-77 he'd bought a few months earlier. I
figured he'd like a better radio, it just didn't work out.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ