Stolen RCA AR-88 auction ended early...

J Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Fri Sep 5 10:57:03 EDT 2008

There may or may not have been a crime committed. UPS DOES loose things.

They lost a WS 19 station on me....  think 24 x 24 x 48 weighing about 120 pounds.

In another instance, a box was stolen from outside my office door. In the latter
case, their investigator made a real effort to find it because I really made a
stink...  all the way to their CEO. They eventually refunded what I paid to the
seller (about $200) and he refunded it to me, but I lost the benefit of a very good
buy ($2500 current price)

My point is, AFAIK, you have not proven theft. You have proven loss. The current
seller may just have bought it at a UPS "lost goods" auction, and has clear title
to it.

FWIW,
-John