Stolen RCA AR-88 auction ended early...

J Forster jfor at QUIK.COM
Fri Sep 5 14:20:28 EDT 2008

I strongly suspect, but cannot prove, that they do. Viz.:

Several years ago, I bought and paid for a Canadian WS 58 which is a WW II era
backpack with separate power supply. I know that the dial markings are quite hot
(not dangerously so), but the PS is not hot at all.

Anyway, the PS arrived in fine shape, but the radio just vanished. Canada Post
could not track it beyond the counter where it was mailed. I called EVERYONE, up to
and including the Canadian Prime Minister, but never got anywhere. My personal
guess is that it wound up in some Homeland Security warehouse...  a la Indiana
Jones... in the mania after 9/11.

Too damn bad. It was a pristine set.  8=(((

FWIW,
-John